Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Livingstone Daisy

Mesembryanthemum Acinaciform L.


I was in Devon when I saw this blazing pink bed of colour. I remember as a child trying to pronounce Mesembryanthemum....it’s a mouthful!
Ice Plant or Livingstone Daisy is easier.                                                                                    
I have only seen this particular variety on coastal areas, but that doesn’t mean it only grows  there.

I remember seeing this as the light was hitting the centres of this stunning display, it appeared like a thick jewelled carpet.
I can only hope in those few moments of perfect light that I managed to capture exactly what I saw.

*click on the images to get a larger view*


   



No comments:

Creative Cottage Garden Geranium

Geranium x Oxonianianum Wargrave Pink It’s important to me to use my creative side, and very much I lean toward post processing images to gi...